are drugs and their ill-effects?
to recognise symptoms?
is the role of the family?
to find us
[ Needs an
Adobe Acrobat Reader]
What are drugs and their ill-effects?
Chemical substances are those which on intake in
any form bring about changes in mood, mind and behaviours of the users.
The commonly used chemicals are:
- Marijuana (ganja, bhang, charas and hashish)
- Opium (chandu) and its derivatives such as
heroin (brown Sugar / smack)
- Morphine, Petedine,Tidigesic, Fortwin etc
- LSD, Mescalene, Cocaine, Amphetamine
(speed), Barbituarates, Tranquillizers etc.
- Any medication prescribed by a doctor, if it
Abusing any of these chemicals can cause
ill-health affecting the well-being of the body, mind, emotion, spirit (values)
and relationships with concerned individuals, family and society.
Drug abuse or addiction is the intense
craving for and loss of control over alcohol or drug. However, it is an illness
and that is treatable.